Whether you're brand-new to Kylie Scott's Dive Bar world or you've been anxiously awaiting the release of Book 2, Twist (April 11!!!), nothing beats reading Dirty (pun 110% intended), which is why Dirty is the first selection in our newly announced Heroes and Heartbreakers E-Book Club!
So chug the book that started it all, pull up a bar stool, and share your observations about Lydia and Vaughan's sexy story in the comments!
Note: The comments for this post will be made up ENTIRELY of SPOILERS and is intended as a place for fans to gather and discuss the book AFTER reading it, so if you have yet to finish, steer clear of anything after the jump. Go finish the book, then come back. (There’s a non-spoiler-y Q&A with Kylie Scott, the author, to whet your appetite, not to mention our fantasy casting of the Dive Bar crew to help you visualize as you read.)
MAJOR SPOILERS BELOW THE JUMP.
***LAST CHANCE: Seriously, leave this post now if you haven’t finished Dirty. This is a post to discuss the entire book.***
Did you down Dirty too fast? Here's a quick synopsis:
After learning she'd been betrayed by her fiancé and running away from her own wedding, Lydia finds herself making a break for the nearest safe place...which happens to be a neighbor's house. Enter the sexy (and totally naked) homeowner, Vaughan, who pulls back his shower curtain only to discover—much to his completely understandable shock—a bride, still in her wedding dress, crying in his bathtub.
And with that unique meet-cute, Lydia and Vaughan's delightful story begins, as a friends-with-benefits arrangement quickly becomes more to both of them and Lydia comes to realize (with some help from her newfound friends at the Dive Bar, of course) that Mr. Right Now may just be her Mr. Right!
- If Lydia hadn't run straight into Vaughan after running out on her wedding, how do you think she would have handled her breakup?
- Vaughan's childhood friends and family felt like he abandoned them when he left town to pursue music and then didn't call or visit. Can you relate to how Vaughan handled that scenario? How else could he have handled it?
- Do you think Lydia has fully forgiven Chris for his betrayal by the end of the book?
- Lydia and Vaughan are both facing major life changes. What do you think was the turning point for each of them in the story? If they were your friends, what advice would you have imparted at those crucial moments?
- Lydia and Vaughan have a whirlwind courtship. What were your thoughts on the timeline of their relationship and where they were at the end of the book?
- Nell's love triangle with Pat and Eric was a complex and fascinating subplot of Dirty. What are your hopes for Nell's future after Dirty?
- Kylie Scott's banter is out of this world—what was your favorite line?
- Which character was your favorite in Dirty and what did you love about him or her?
- The next book in the Dive Bar series, Twist, is right around the corner, releasing April 11. Who are you hoping shows up in Twist?
- At the end of Dirty, we get a sneak peek at Twist. How do you think that very complicated situation between Alex and Joe will play out? What are you most looking forward to about their story?
Haven't had the chance to read Dirty yet? If you're in the U.S. or Canada, sign up for our new E-Book of the Month program and get a FREE download of Dirty! (Offer ends April 3, 2017, at 11:59 a.m.)
Ready for a second round of the Dive Bar series? Learn more about or pre-order a copy of Twist by Kylie Scott, available April 11, 2017: