Today we're thrilled to welcome Ella Quinn (When a Marquis Chooses a Bride) to Heroes and Heartbreakers. Like many of us, Ella loves Regency heroes. Let's count the reasons, shall we? Thanks, Ella!
1. No facial hair. Now, Mr. Q has had a moustache for almost forty years, but in general I do not like facial hair, and Regency dudes did not even have mutton chop sideburns.
2. Cravats. Don’t ask me why, but a man in a cravat just does it for me. It might be the idea of unwrapping it.
3. They knew how to dance. I mean really dance. As much as I love my husband . . . well, enough said.
4. They were romantic. I guess guys today can be romantic. I saw a picture once. But who can beat a man who could recite poetry or write a poem for you? <sigh>
5. Pantaloons. Did you know that tailors measured then subtracted two inches?
7. The hair. Even their styles had names like “Brutus” instead of crew-cut.
8. They actually wanted to get married. Which was very helpful when that was the only option most women had.
9. They liked their women plump. Need I say more?
10. Did I mention pantaloons?
Learn more about or order a copy of When a Marquis Chooses a Bride by Ella Quinn, available now:
H&H Editor Picks: