Now that we’ve made it through the third season of Scandal with our minds relatively intact, we’re suddenly left with a gaping hole in our Thursday nights for the next few months, not to mention the free time that we have not standing around the water cooler or on social media discussing what happened the week before. With that in mind, we’ve come up with a list of things you can do while waiting for Scandal to return in the fall.
1. Talk yourself into believing you can pull off a white hat.
2. Practice positive affirmations in the mirror.
3. Maybe finally connect with your secret crush?
4. Then connect with them over and over again…
5. Try not to get busted, though!
6. Make time for that nice family dinner with the parents.
7. Introduce the boyfriend to dear old dad.
8. Get to that dentist appointment you have been avoiding.
9. Have a few drinks!
10. Or maybe you could go for a stroll.
11. Take the time to do some self-reflection.
12. Get one of those pesky long-term projects completed at the office. You may even enjoy it!
13. Hey, how about checking out that cute little vacation spot in Vermont?
14. Or just make the best of it at home and have a staycation.
15. Naw, we’re thinking a long getaway is really the best way to go.
16. If someone wants to put you on a plane, why look a gift horse in the mouth?
17. Or in the end maybe we should all just hole up until the fall and hide away until Scandal is back on and we finally get some answers.
18. After all, we know we have nothing to worry about between now and then. It’s handled.
Nicole Leapheart's alter ego is Miss Boxy Frown, and she posts book reviews and TV recaps at missboxyfrown.blogspot.com. She reads and watches everything from romance to sci-fi, but enjoys it even more if some smut is involved. And tattoos.
Kwana Jackson—aka K.M. Jackson—is a writer of women’s fiction and contemporary romance. Her debut novel Through the Lens is on sale now. She can be found on most days at her blog kwana.com and at any moment on Twitter talking about everything and nothing at all under the handle @kwanawrites.