Academically put, tropes are “common or overused theme[s] or device[s]," which makes them sound like cliches, which makes them seem like a bad thing.
But they’re totally not! Romance novel fans all have their favorite—not to mention least favorite—tropes, from friends to lovers, chick in pants, secret baby, marriage of convenience, opposites attract, May-December, boss-assistant...the list goes on.
Each month, we’ll be picking a romance novel trope and ask you to offer recommendations falling under the trope rubric (again with the academic talk!).
This month, we're featuring romances where the heroine is plus-sized and that just gives the hero more for him to love! We're always looking for more plus-sized heroines, but to get us started we've listed a few of our favorites:
- Suddenly You by Lisa Kleypas
- Too Much Temptation by Lori Foster
- The Bride and The Beast by Teresa Medeiros
- Bet Me by Jennifer Crusie
- One Dance With A Duke by Tessa Dare
- Take Me by Bella Andre
- He Loves Lucy by Susan Donovan
- Nine Rules to Break When Romancing A Rake by Sarah MacLean
- Dangerous Curves Ahead by Sugar Jamison
Who else tops your list? And to spur the discussion: Why do you think plus-sized heroines are so popular?