Hey, so if you love clothes and films and TV, you probably tuned in last night to watch the Golden Globes awards in Los Angeles. It's come a long way since Pia Zadora's husband bought her an award, hasn't it?
Anyhoo, here are some quick thoughts about it; we'd love to hear your opinions:
- Lena Dunham needs to either a) figure out how to walk in heels or b) wear some sneaks under those dresses, 'cause Girlfriend could not make it to the stage in a reasonable amount of time. That said, her dress was nice.
- Megan Fox doesn't look like herself anymore. It wasn't like she was a pooch to begin with, either! Sheesh, lady.
- Jodie Foster's speech was long, and meandering, and alternately touching and bizarre. Someone might have cried watching (ahem!).
- Downton Abbey's Michelle Dockery (Lady Mary) seemed to be having a fantastic time. Every time the camera caught her, she was cracking up.
- Jeremy Irons was dressed like an undertaker. And not a foxy one, either; dude looks like he's well on his way to dead himself.
- Many fashion folks were praising Jennifer Garner's red sequin dress, but it didn't look like it fit all that well—was that just the light, or was it saggy in spots?
- Jennifer Lawrence's “I beat Meryl!” — Whoa! Really, JLaw?
- Tina and Amy rocked as hosts, and we'd love to see 'em back next year; just...maybe...on stage more often?
- Could reactions to Amy Poehler's line about trusting Zero Dark Thirty director Kathryn Bigelow on torture because she was married to James Cameron for three years have been any more epic? Jessica Chastain's was already making the rounds as a gif last night.