Eric and Nora embark on their final mission to bring down the Authority and save Pam, Jessica and Bill. Alcide realizes that he must stand up to JD in order to bring respect and justice back to his kind. Sam and Luna use their skills to rescue Emma, and poor Andy is left wondering why he ever let his “little brain” get him into so much trouble.
- Oh, Russell. I guess your megalomania crown must be passed down. Sad to see you go, you crazy fuck. Anyone wonder where Steve ran off to? Nora is quite taken by Sookie’s blood. Her first fairy encounter? Thankfully, Eric steps in and politely tells her to back the hell off. And Jason sees his mother. Does anyone wonder why Jason doesn’t have any special powers? Or maybe he does? Being dumb as a rock and psychotic don’t count.
- Sam is presented to Bill as the night’s dinner entrée, and after some unsuccessful reasoning, Sam escapes in to the duct system as a fly. Win! Bill is definitely “loco in la cabeza.” He wants Sam found, and found now! Don’t mess with a megalomaniac and his plans, yo!
- Eric, Nora and Tara arrive at Sookie’s to ask her assistance in their final attempt to rid the world of the Authority. The banter with Eric and Jason was classic. Jason demands to be part of the fun as Eric reminds Sookie that she is likely the only one who can get through to Bill.
- Sam tells Luna that Bill has lost his damn mind, and pleads with her to shift and flee if the shit hits the fan. Luna refuses to abandon her daughter, who is the cutest dang puppy ever.
- Jessica and Pam discuss how cult-like the Authority is. You don’t say…
- YES! Alcide is on my screen. Praise the lawd! His dad gives a nice speech about shielding kids from all the bad and being a better teacher. Alcide shuts him up with a nice “words are great, deeds are better” comment. (Best. Advice. Ever. Parents, take note.) The bonding scene is cut short when Martha arrives with a jacked up Rikki, claiming JD has been forcing them all to drink V. She also let’s Alcide know that JD has forced some unpleasant things on the younger pack females. Alcide has hit his limit. And his dad offers a solution to the problem.
- I truly loved the bug-eyed view from Sam’s fly perspective. Neat effect!
- Lafayette is letting his hair down while Sam is away. Andy arrives at Merlotte’s with Morella to let Holly know of his unfaithfulness. And impending parenthood. Meanwhile, Morella downs an entire carton of salt. Hypertension, anyone? Oh. OH. Baby is coming! Holly isn’t too happy to be “midwifing” for Morella, and everyone is deeply entranced by her birthing, er, process. Even Lafayette wants in. After all the fun, Andy is left with FOUR babies as Morella wishes him all the luck and Holly calls him a dick.
- Luna morphs into Steve, retrieves Emma and tries her best to vacate the premises. No such luck. Rosalyn intersects her escape and demands that Steve refute the university deaths on live television. Poor Luna can’t keep it together and morphs back to her true form. She’s able to get in a few nasty words on live TV before Rosalyn damages the equipment. Lucky for Luna, Sam in fly form, enters Rosalyn’s mouth and changes back to human form. Ick. Luna then passes out. I’m worried about her!
- Ugh! The fight between JD and Alcide was such a letdown. Boo. I’m proud of Alcide, however. He’s definitely an admirable character.
- Eric and team finally bust in to save the day. Tara and Sookie rescue Jessica and Pam from the cells. Did anyone else see Tara and Pam’s jaw-dropping moment coming? I was completely blind to that. I love them together, though. Match made in heaven, if you ask me. I was really sad for Jessica when Jason shot her down. I’m hoping he gets his head out of his tuckus next season. And starts taking anti-psychotics pronto.
- I love how Bill tricked Salome. I saw that coming a mile away. Guess when you are “monumentally narcissistic,” it’s hard to notice treachery. You have to stay on your toes in this world, people!
- “RUN!” Good, solid advice, Eric.
WTF-ERY as only True Blood can provide
- Jason and his hallucinations. It has to be pure torture or pure delight to actively see and speak to your dead parents. They certainly fueled the fire for his death-to-vamps rampage! He has definitely fallen off the deep end, but I appreciated the entertainment. He put on quite a show at the Authority!
- Morella and her labor and delivery. Say what? Where do I sign up?
- Man, I truly thought “crazysauce Bill” was all an act. I was definitely wrong. What a way to end the season!
- Lots of scenes of the naked humans in the Authority’s jail cells. Scared, naked humans.
- A bug-eyed view of Bill and Salome sleeping in the buff, and another scene of them not sleeping in the buff…
Sam: “I tried reasoning. Apparently he’s lost his mother fucking mind.”
Pam: “One of the worst things about being immortal is having to watching this same, stupid scenario over and over again. Usually it's the humans though. Guess this proves we’re just as fucking retarded as they are.”
Jason: “That train has already sailed.”
Morella: “My light broke!”
Lafayette: “She make me wanna do it.” – HA. I almost spit out my café con leche. Love you, Lafayette.