Hooray, hooray, The Hunger Games movie is finally here! Fellow staffer Christopher Morgan and I saw it this morning, and I have to say, we were pretty impressed. In fact, I think we both came out of the theater way more excited about it than we had been going in.
That said, if you’re like us, you’re already wondering: What’s next?! After all, it will be months before we get another Katniss & co. fix with the next movie, Catching Fire, which is set to hit theaters on November 22, 2013.
Well, here are a few Hunger Games-esque books we’ve either already read and loved or are looking forward to getting our hot little hands on soon:
- The Hunt (out May 8, 2012) by Andrew Fukuda (Read the first 80 pages on Facebook — you just have to like the page!)
- Divergent (out now) and Insurgent (out May 1) by Veronica Roth (Read an excerpt from Chapter 2!)
- Enclave by Ann Aguirre
- Legend by Marie Lu
- Delirium by Lauren Oliver
- All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevin
- Blood Red Road by Moira Young
And if nothing will do but more of The Hunger Games (believe me, I know the feeling), there’s always The Hunger Games Companion by Lois H. Gresh, The Girl Who Was on Fire edited by Leah Wilson, The Hunger Games Tribute Guide by Emily Seife, The World of the Hunger Games by Kate Egan, and more.
How about you? Do these recs hit the spot? Can you think of any other books a fellow fan might enjoy? My list is all YA—are there Hunger Games-like romance novels we should be reading too?