Even if you did live under a rock (and who does that, anyway?), you’d be hard-pressed not to know Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 comes out today.
Perhaps you’ve already seen it at a midnight showing last night; maybe you called in sick to work to sneak out to a matinee; or maybe you just don’t care.
It’s the latter of you we are here for this morning. We will, and have, run posts for Harry Potter fans (check out 5 Things Harry & Hermione Taught Me About Love (Even Though J.K. Rowling Never Meant Them To, and later on today and tomorrow more Harry Potter posts), but right now, we’d like to offer some thoughts for what you can do when everyone else is out getting their Potter on:
1. See a different movie in the theater; maybe you’ll even have an empty seat next to you for your purse. But which one? Is Bridesmaids still out in theaters? That’d be a good time.
2. Watch The English Patient, back when Ralph Fiennes had a nose and wasn’t creepy.
3. Watch Sense & Sensibility, back when Alan Rickman was all ’give me an occupation,’ not ’give me the occupation as the professor teaching Defense Against The Dark Arts.’
4. Play the ’which one is a loonier dresser’ game with Helena Bonham Carter and Bjork. Extra points for swan feathers.
5. Relax and savor a time when it’s not you obsessing about a series, hoping that your Harry Potter-mad friends will be kind when you’re freaking about Sherrilyn Kenyon’s upcoming Retribution, or J.R. Ward’s Lover Reborn, or what will happen in season 2 of Game of Thrones.
What other suggestions do you have for today?